Finding Fun In Film

Since my last post, I have been determined to keep myself occupied and create a plan. I bloody did it! It was the best feeling getting back into the blogging and the response has been so kind. This whole thing is for me to push myself and do what I want, but to have people support you is always great. 

However... 

The last week despite glimpses of positivity, I've really struggled. It really shocks me how you can get this burst of enjoyment, then something to come along and slap you down again. With work and personal things getting on top of me, I needed a break and something to focus on. 


Fortunately, after what felt like the longest week, I had the weekend off! I made sure to bring my film camera with me and get involved with something I really do love. It felt so natural just taking the camera out and taking shots. This may have been helped by a large amount of beer consumed at the Cambridge Beer Festival but still, it felt good. 

I highly recommend the beer 9 Rubies... 

The festival its self was pretty small but you kind of forget where you are and just do what you like. From crowds of friends or to just being in a couple like I was, it has a great atmosphere. 


Now looking back at the photos I'm still incredibly rusty and I need to figure out how to control the focus and what not, but It felt brilliant. So, if there is anyone out there who wants to help, come say hello please and thank you. Also, for out of date film from Pound Land I cannot complain one bit. 

I just love it. 

It’s given me the rush again that makes me still understand why I wanted to be creative in the first place. I honestly was so excited just getting the photos developed, and when I got them back it was like ripping open the golden ticket. Sounds super lame but who cares. 

I can't remember the last time I felt so invested in something of interest to me and, it makes me feel confident. I was literally running around a field jumping about making an absolute tit of myself and I didn’t even notice the crowds of people walking past looking at me till very late on.  


Being blinded by happiness and confidence can really be a groovy little thing sometimes. 

So, I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of my film endeavors (and most definitely fails) very soon. I am bringing the little lad to Isle Of Wight Festival with me this year and I cannot wait. Fingers crossed I understand it better by then!  

I will definitely be back soon.


Thanks very much,
Sam


Comments

Popular Posts