All you need is Love (And a train ticket to…)

After some time, again... Ello I’m back!

If I had a pound for every time I said I was going to really try and keep up with the blogging I’d be doing alright with a fire Instagram. Unfortunately, I do find it hard to be a regular and I also don’t want to bore people. But this is something I can’t shut up about.

Just last week I turned 23 (Jesus Christ), and was constantly told I was going to have the best surprise from Hannah. After many failed attempts to find out the months leading up to my birthday, I was told that literally everyone I know, knew before me… I was fuming but it didn’t matter when I was told on the early morning of my birthday.

I was being taken to Liverpool and we were going on the Magical Mystery tour around the city! For anyone that knows me, I have been obsessed with The Beatles since I can remember and it has always been on my bucket list to visit Liverpool. I’ve always said I would do all the nerdy Beatles stuff if I ever went and well, that’s just what we did.


After having a few issues with that ridiculous thing called public train service (which made us miss our connection) we arrived in Liverpool. I’ve always said going up north is great, not only for the sites but the people are so welcoming. If I’m honest, it puts us southerners to shame sometimes.
We first had a little walk around the Albert Dock and it’s incredible. The shops, restaurants and little bits of entertainment are amazing. Seeing the statue of the fab four really did it for me. I was finally here. It may seem really bloody silly to some of you but I can’t express to you enough how much this band and era mean to me. Of course, the music from them is brilliant and timeless but it’s also the era of style that has been a massive influence on me, particularly John and George. I like the classic combined with originality and despite the issues that were going on around the world, creativity was stronger than ever. We visited the Double Fantasy exhibition at the Museum of Liverpool and seeing two young people making such a difference despite being slagged off throughout it, they persevered and still to this day create mass attention.

After I’d fanboyed throughout the day we grabbed some food and a significant amount of drinks. In true Sam and Hannah fashion, we peaked waaay to early and had a fairly early night.
First thing next morning we were up and ready for the tour. Again, it was incredible. Travelling through the pretty streets of Liverpool, stopping every now and again to visit The Beatles homes etc. was great. Visiting where some of their iconic songs originated from was so good! If you’re into it as much as I am, you should definitely check it out. Also, the tour guide was such a geezer it made the experience even better than I imagined. We ended up finishing the tour at the Cavern Club which again was so nice to see where all the bands I love had their first break.    


I feel like in this post I’m running out of positive words to use it was that good. I guess it’s one of those things you’ve got to go and see for yourselves, but this wouldn’t have been possible without a certain person. For as long as I can remember I’ve always said I wanted to go to Liverpool and do everything we did but no one has ever done that for me. Hannah had literally planned everything tailored to what I’d like and put so much effort into making something I’m passionate about the best time. And she certainly smashed it. I’ve definitely go on and on and on about The Beatles and everything that revolves around them a lot and even dragged her to films about them, so when I found out I couldn’t believe it. Hand on heart found the one and I can’t thank her enough for what she does for me.
I’ll be in Bath next week for another lil adventure, so I’ll let you know how that goes for sure.

Thanks again,
Sam



Comments

Popular Posts