Laavely bit of Latitude


My second Latitude festival experience ended Monday morning and like most people after a festival, sleeps been the priority for the last few days.


Over the past few years we’ve been abroad for festivals but this year we decided to take an hour and a half trip from where we live to latitude, and it honestly couldn’t have gone any better.


The sun was blazing for the entire weekend and after the stress of slamming bent tent pegs into the dry ground and a massive trouser malfunction (the entire back of my jeans ripped so you could see next weeks washing), we’d got ourselves sorted and cracked open a few cold ones. This year it was me and Hannah, and my best mates George and Angel A.K.A The Saunter Squad (yeah, we are a little bit lame but we’re a bunch of legends so who cares).

The Thursday night we had a little mooch around the festival and had a look where the stages were and most importantly kept an eye out for the toilets. There’s nothing worse than a stomach full of cider at a festival, bloody charging around like a nutter looking for the loo.

Before I get to the music and exciting celebrity encounters, there’s something I need to let you know about. THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. This year Latitude absolutely smashed it. The first evening me and Hannah ate steak with truffle oil and parmesan chips… at a festival! Throughout the weekend we plowed through calamari, curry, bacon mac ‘n’ cheese and the most incredible burger from Black Bear Burgers. It was so good there was no time for photos, but they have a place in London which I defiantly recommend checking out.

So yeah, we saw a lot of famous people…A LOT. The first night we were just sitting down minding our own business and a kind lady hands us a leaflet about some filming later that weekend, with the magnificent Michael Kiwanuka. A few seconds later Richard Curtis strolls by and we all go a bit weird cause well, it’s Richard Curtis. We ended up going to the filming just by chance to then see Danny Boyle directing the scene which was very surreal. Our next encounter was with Joel Fry. You’ll know him from Plebs, Game Of The Thrones and Drunk History, just to name a few. After seeing him around the festival a considerable amount of times we eventually met him by a bar and grabbed a photo with him, he was a cool dude that’s for sure.

I don’t want to bore you with many more names but the one who George saw and I didn’t, gave me the hump. Whilst watching one of my favourite bands Trudy And The Romance, George on later inspection realised that Jim Chapman strolled by us. Without a doubt, he is one of my biggest fashion inspirations to date and will be for a long time. One day I’ll be able to chat basic tees and cropped trousers with him.

Now the music, wow. For all four of us, The Killers stole the weekend. They were so on point it was incredible. Another artist who knows how it’s done was Benjamin Clementine, I can still hear his voice in my head and it’s one I’ll never forget. My true little indie heart got the satisfying dose of music too, The Vaccines and Wolf Alice hit just the right spot. A memorable moment for us was also the secret set. We were taking guesses before we got there and was pleased to find out it was Liam Gallagher. All you need is a beer and arm to go around a loved one for him.

Apart from a little bit of sunburnt, the weekend was perfect. Before we went I said to Hannah, “get some artsy photos for me so I can put them on the blog please!”. When we ended up getting I barely even went on my phone so apologies for the lack of photo’s, but honestly, I was having such a good time it never crossed my mind. The photos we did take however undoubtedly show how happy we all were.  



All four of us are already planning ideas for next year and all that jazz, it’s already getting us excited for the summer of 2019.

Spending time at a festival has always been my idea of a good time but when it’s with the love of your life and you’re two best friends, it's unforgettable.




See you very soon,

Sam




Comments

Popular Posts